Let’s face it: when it comes to the Spring and Summer seasons, we all want to get the most we can out of every moment. More family, more moments, more trips, more memories—more life. The last thing we want is to take time or money away from what we’ve allocated for our outdoor adventures and family vacations and spend it on, of all things, auto insurance.
After all, shouldn’t insurance be less about a bill and more about making memories with the ones you love most—the ones you’re working to protect in the first place? We certainly believe so. In fact, we encourage that way of thinking.
The Warren Weiss Agency is proud to share some money saving tips that may help you to do exactly that this summer so you can spend less—both time and money—and live more.
- Shop Around: If you want the best deal on insurance, shopping around is certainly one place to start. Even better, if you’re looking to save yourself some time and hassle, have an insurance professional at the Warren Weiss Agency do the shopping for you. Our comprehensive database compares rates with many major insurance carriers, which allows us to find you the absolute best price for your vehicle and your situation. Looking for a free quote? Click HERE and we’d be happy to help.
- Drive Safe: Seems obvious and simple enough, right? But safe driving is the most important tip we could provide. Avoiding mistakes and accidents by staying alert and driving cautiously will not only keep you safe, but help you save on your rates as well. In today’s world, phones and other distractions increase your risk of having an accident. Drivers who maintain consistent, clean records however, are often able to reduce their rates and allocate hard-earned funds elsewhere (a family vacation, for example)!
- Reduce Coverage on Older Cars: It’s always a wise choice to review your coverage at renewal time to ensure your insurance remains in alignment with your needs. For example, if your older car is currently worth less than 10 times the premium, purchasing coverage may not be a cost-effective choice. In this instance, consider dropping collision and/or comprehensive coverage. Not sure what your car is worth? There are plenty of free online resources available including Kelley Blue Book, National Association of Auto Dealers (NADA), and TrueCar, among others.
- Know Your Discount Eligibility: You should be aware that often times, insurance carriers offer discounts to policyholders who meet certain criteria. You might be eligible for discounts if you:
- Have had zero accidents or moving violations within a specified period of time
- Drive fewer miles per year than the average motorist
- Have completed a defensive driving course
- Multiple Policy Discounts: Many insurers will offer breaks for policyholders who “bundle” two or more types of insurance, such as auto and homeowners insurance, or auto policies on more than one vehicle. Please note, however: it still makes sense to shop around for the best overall price. While a single insurer may offer a great multi-policy discount, you still may be able to achieve greater overall savings buying your individual policies from different companies. Choose an independent agent, such as Warren Weiss Agency, who can help streamline the shopping process and verify you’re getting the optimal premiums and coverage value.
If, at any point, you’d like to speak with one of the insurance professionals at our family-based agency, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (215) 538-1865. We’d love to hear from you and see how we can help you to focus on what matters most this year.