The results are in for 11th annual U.S. Insurance Shopping Study℠: For the fifth year running, Warren Weiss Agency’s chief carrier, Erie Insurance, was awarded “Highest Satisfaction with the Auto Insurers Shopping Experience.”
Each year, the Market Research firm J.D. Power & Associates conducts a survey of thousands of consumers just like you about their experiences shopping for, and taking out, new insurance policies. The research is intended to be an in-depth analysis of “why customers shop, their attitudes toward and perceptions of auto insurance brands and how they make their final purchase decision.”
Respondents rank their satisfaction on three key factors:
1. Price—How customers rate their new auto insurance provider on the price of the policy given the level of coverage.
2. Distribution channel—How customers rate their experience interacting with their new auto provider’s agent, call center rep and website.
3. Policy offerings—How customers rate the variety of coverage options, the degree to which their needs are met and the ease of obtaining a new policy.
Erie Insurance ranked the highest in the study, with a score of 879 out of 1,000. 2017 marks Erie’s fifth time taking home the J.D. Power award.
J.D. Power’s Insurance Shopping Tips
• Look for an agent with a reputation for integrity and trustworthiness, who can give you thorough advice on the pluses and minuses of various insurers and their products.
• Compare the terms of various policies and assess how those policies might be affected by factors such as current events, driver performance and acquisition of new vehicles.
• Be sure you’re well covered in areas where you most need coverage such as personal liability (when you hurt other people or their property).
New vehicle? New home? New baby? Visit WeissAgency.com/Client-Center to complete a Policy Change Request, or call the office at 215.538.1865 within 24 hours to discuss how incorporate your life changes into your risk management strategy.