With vacation season springtime right around the corner, everyone from young parents to retirees are already starting to get excited about their next adventure. In all the buzz of planning the fun parts, forming a strategy for road trip-mishaps can get glossed over. While you’re preparing for beach weather, here are a few ways you can be ready for unexpected setbacks and ensure your next adventure is a great one!
1. Put together a car emergency kit
The last thing you need on your road trip is to get stuck on the side of the highway thanks to car troubles. Collect items like these to make your car road trip-ready while your cross-country plans are in the works:
- Old cell phone and car charger, with a list of emergency numbers
- Quart of oil
- Small first aid kit
- Multipurpose tool or pocket knife
- Duct tape
- Your car’s manual
- Pen and paper
- Jumper cables
- Granola bars
- Bottled water
- A blanket
- Bungee cords
- A poncho
Any of these tools could help you in a sticky situation, but the most important tool you have is common sense. Remember to act safely and move the car to the shoulder if you’re experiencing troubles.
2. Whatever Happens, Make Sure You’re Covered
Nothing should stop you from living your life to the fullest, especially not your insurance. Wherever your adventure takes you, talk to your Warren Weiss agent beforehand to make sure you’re covered.
- If you’ll be taking advantage of the warmer weather by traveling this spring, ask your Warren Weiss agent how Travel Insurance will protect what you invest in your trip.
- If a road trip is in your sights, it’s good practice to check in with your Warren Weiss agent to get a quick refresher on what your Auto policy covers, and doesn’t cover.
- In this digital age, it can be dangerous to announce online that you’re home will be vacant while you’re on vacation. Make sure your Homeowners Insurance has you covered in the event of a break in. Let your neighbors know you’ll be away. And, importantly resist the urge to announce your travel plans on Social Media.
3. Enter Our Sweepstakes
Live it up in a Marriott® Hotel for 4 nights with a $1,000 VISA gift card when you win Warren Weiss Agency’s New Year, New Adventures Sweepstakes! Warren Weiss Agency wants to give you your next great adventure, so click below to enter for the chance to be the Grand Prize winner or one of 5 First Prize winners! BONUS: Like us on Facebook or Instagram for a free extra entry!
No purchase necessary. Open only to legal Pennsylvania residents eighteen (18) years or older. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Marriott® is a registered trademark of Marriott International, Inc. and is not affiliated with, nor a sponsor of, this contest.